Spicy Asian Shrimp Salad
This flavorful main dish salad pairs well with a glass of Gallo® Family Vineyards White Zinfandel. The salad dressing also makes a wonderful marinade for grilled meats, poultry and fish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place the lettuce in a large serving platter. Arrange the shrimp, bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber, cilantro and mint leaves on top.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Originally published as Spicy Asian Shrimp Salad in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.