Spicy Asian Noodle Bowls
Thai peanut sauce has quite the kick in this bowl of spicy goodness. Serve with milk. You’ll be glad you did. —Alicia Vilbaum, Flagstaff, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces thick rice noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Thai peanut sauce, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Add the water chestnuts, corn, peas, salt, basil and pepper; heat through. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut sauce. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Drain noodles; divide among four soup bowls. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons peanut sauce and toss to coat. Top with chicken mixture. Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 538 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1410mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Easy Asian Noodle Bowls in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.