Spicy Apricot Sangria
This sweet-tart fruit punch is scented with cinnamon, allspice and cloves, which makes it a fantastic beverage for winter and fall. If you like use, 1 medium red-skinned apple and 1 medium green-skinned apple for even more color.—Tina Bellows, Racine, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 10 whole allspice
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups ginger beer, chilled
- 1 large apple, cubed
- 1 large pear, cubed
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Place the cinnamon, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- Place the apricot nectar, water, lemon juice and spice bag in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and steep for 5 minutes. Transfer to a pitcher. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Discard spice bag.
- Just before serving, add the ginger beer, fruits and, if desired, mint leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 187 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Apricot Sangria in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.