Chicken thighs are inexpensive and make a great dinner for a large group. The apricot glaze gives the meat a tempting gloss and the few minutes in the broiler crisps the skin to perfection. Leftovers are great the next day, too! Just turn oven on 375° and heat chicken for 10-15 minutes. —Marcy Gallinger, Deer Park, Washington
Recommended: 30 June Recipes You’ll Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn chicken. Spoon some sauce over chicken. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken again; baste with sauce. Broil for 2-3 minutes longer or until browned. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Apricot Chicken Thighs in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p147
Reviews forSpicy Apricot Chicken Thighs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2014
"Nice spice mixture, delicious!"
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2014
"Love all the spices in this meal,so delicious!!"