Ideal for a chilly winter’s day, this comforting beverage is one of my slow-cooker staples. It’ll warm you from head to toe.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 quarts water
- 2 quarts unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 individual black tea bags
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, apple juice, brown sugar and tea bags. Place the cinnamon sticks, ginger, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Discard tea bags and spice bag. Serve warm in mugs. Yield: 21 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Spicy Apple Tea in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p28