Spicy Apple Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers or gingersnap cookies
- Place cream cheese on a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, preserves, horseradish, mustard and pepper until blended. Pour over cream cheese. Serve with crackers or cookies.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup cream cheese with 1/4 cup fruit topping (calculated without crackers or cookies): 402 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 4, 2017
Delicious! I made it as stated and after a taste test added additional horseradish as suggested by Beema in previous review. I served this with Wheat Thins and Ritz crackers. I love that I usually have these ingredients on hand, so no need to run to the store when unexpected guests arrive. I will make this again. Side note - I have renamed it for my own purposes to Preserves & Horseradish Spread so I will recall how I loved the horseradish aspect and the use of preserves. The original title makes me think of a dip for apples. LOL
Jan 1, 2013
Made this for New Year's Eve, and my guests raved. I added a bit more horseradish and a few dashes of cayenne pepper to give it an extra kick. Served it with the original Ritz crackers. This should be called a Spread, not a Dip...