Spicy Air-Fryer Chicken Breasts
My family adores this chicken recipe. The coating keeps the chicken nice and moist, and with the taste enhanced by marinating, the result is delicious. —Stephanie Otten, Byron Center, Michigan
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or overnight.
- 2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Combine remaining ingredients in a shallow dish and stir to combine. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and turn to coat. Place in air fryer basket sprayed with cooking spray in a single layer. Air fry until a thermometer reads 170°, turning halfway, about 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining chicken. When the last batch of chicken is cooked, return all chicken to basket and air fry 2-3 minutes longer to heat through.
1 chicken breast half: 352 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Jan 22, 2019Chicken was tender and tasty. We don't like a lot of breading, so I left out the bread crumbs and only used the cornmeal to make it crisp. I did cook it at 370 instead of 375 as I used boneless chicken breasts cut into tenders.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC