Spiced Wassail Recipe
Sylvia Ford of Kennett, Missouri shared the recipe for this delicious blend of fruit juices that's perked up with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- 1 quart unsweetened apple juice
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups reduced-calorie cranberry juice
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- 1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Discard the orange and lemon slices, cloves and cinnamon stick before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 129 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Spiced Wassail
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC