Spiced Triple Berry Shortcakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min.
- BERRY FILLING:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- SPICED SHORTCAKES:
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 6 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping
- For berry filling, in a large bowl, combine berries and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Sprinkle over berries; toss well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes to allow berries to release juices, stirring occasionally.
- For the spiced shortcakes, combine baking mix, sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl. Stir in milk to form a soft dough. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly. To serve, split warm shortcakes. Place 1 shortcake bottom on each serving plate. Top each with 2/3 cup berry filling and 1/3 cup whipped topping. Cover with shortcake tops.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 4, 2012
I make this recipe for most summer events and everyone LOVES it. The mixture of spices and the vanilla really make it something special. I just love how it puts a twist to the normal berries and sugar.