Slices of fully cooked ham are glazed with a thick fruit sauce that's nicely seasoned with ginger and cloves. This entree is special enough for company, yet it's ready in just 15 minutes.
Recommended: Our Best Beet Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium tangerines
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 slices fully cooked ham, (1 pound)
- Squeeze juice from six tangerines; strain pulp. Segment remaining tangerines; set aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and tangerine juice until smooth; stir in the honey, ginger and cloves.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ham slices on both sides; remove and keep warm. Stir tangerine juice mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the tangerine segments; heat through. Serve over the ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Tangerine Ham in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p29