- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender; return to slow cooker and heat through. If desired, top servings with pumpkin seeds. Yield: 12 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews forSpiced Sweet Potato Soup
"This is lovely...very creamy! As we LIKE ALOT of spice, we grated fresh ginger, about 3 inches worth, and added 4 large grated carrots. Fantastic recipe. Thank you!!"