Spiced Sweet Potato Pudding
One of my favorite fall desserts, this treat's rich flavors are well suited to the chillier months. I like to serve it over a slice of pound cake or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- Pound cake, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until well-blended. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with pound cake if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared apple butter.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without cake): 418 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Spiced Sweet Potato Pudding in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.