- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sweet potatoes, oil and orange juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forSpiced Sweet Potato Bread
"Best use of sweet potatoes EVER!!! I make this for gifts every Christmas...makes a wonderful addition to my gift basket!!! Everyone loves it!"
"Deliciously different holiday bread. I also baked mine into muffins and sprinkled the top with sanding sugar which made them extra special. I also used my no fail baking tip of preheating the oven 50 degrees hotter than instructed and then after putting the muffins in the oven, I turn the temp down to the instructed temperature. Makes beautiful, bakery-style muffins, full with high crowns."
"I baked this recipe into 12 muffins instead of a loaf (baked them 21 minutes at 350 degrees). They were delicious! I've been looking for a way to get my kids to eat sweet potatoes, and this recipe has done the trick. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup and used spelt flour in place of the all-purpose flour. The end result was a tender and lightly sweet muffin."
"Delicious! easy to make and very moist. We have made twice. The 2nd time with canned sw potato, but have to use unsweetened or leave out part of the sugar."
"Very delicious, it turned out great, very moist and flavorfull, I'll be making it again for sure."
"Great recipe! I had leftover sweet potato casserole (which I froze) from Easter, so I used it for this recipe---worked fine."
"This recipe is EXCELLENT!! Very moist and flavorful! The only thing I will do differently next time is lessen the sugar, maybe down to just one cup or even 3/4. The bread came out a little too sweet for my personal taste :)"
"The taste is great and I love that there are some yummy good for your veges in the bread."