My mother received this recipe from a friend years ago when fluted tube pans first became popular. The cake lasts a few days in the refrigerator, but I personally love to serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. —Debbie Pelletier, Jupiter, Florida
Featured In: 29 One-Bowl Baking Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sherry
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; add eggs, oil and sherry. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Sherry Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p163
Reviews forSpiced Sherry Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2017
"Is there a substitute for the Sherry? I anxiously wait for your response...Thanks Gee"