Spiced Raisin Mini Muffins
These flavorful moist muffins don't crumble when you bite into them. So you may want to take them into the living room for munching while opening gifts.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add raisin mixture; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Fill greased or paper-line miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 174 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spiced Raisin Mini Muffins in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.