Spiced Pumpkin Warm-Up
Make this drink your own! You can add coffee or even alcohol if you want an extra kick. I’ve also chilled this mixture and blended it with vanilla ice cream to make it a pumpkin shake. —Andrea Heyart, Aubrey, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional pumpkin pie spice
- In a small saucepan, combine cream, sugar, pumpkin and pie spice; cook and stir over medium heat until blended and heated through. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Top servings with whipped cream and additional pie spice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 402 calories, 24g fat (16g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Warm Pumpkin Drink in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014