Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and additional cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Beat in the milk, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in the pumpkin just until blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 287 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Pumpkin Pie
"My mother was known for being one of the best bakers around. But this was definitely the best pumpkin pie I have ever eaten. It was wonderful!"
"Good a hit ! easy to make, used fresh pumpkin turned out well!"
"This has been my go-to pumpkin pie recipe probably since I got the 2003 Holidays and Celebrations cookbook. The spice blend is perfect, it always comes out wonderful, and best of all I can use our own farm-fresh milk, instead of having to buy evaporated milk!"