- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and additional cinnamon
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Beat in the milk, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in the pumpkin just until blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Pumpkin Pie
"Good a hit ! easy to make, used fresh pumpkin turned out well!"
"This has been my go-to pumpkin pie recipe probably since I got the 2003 Holidays and Celebrations cookbook. The spice blend is perfect, it always comes out wonderful, and best of all I can use our own farm-fresh milk, instead of having to buy evaporated milk!"