Spiced Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and additional cinnamon
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Beat in the milk, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger and cloves. Stir in the pumpkin just until blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 287 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 23, 2017
My mother was known for being one of the best bakers around. But this was definitely the best pumpkin pie I have ever eaten. It was wonderful!
Nov 8, 2014
Good a hit ! Easy to make, used fresh pumpkin turned out well!
Nov 21, 2012
This has been my go-to pumpkin pie recipe probably since I got the 2003 Holidays and Celebrations cookbook. The spice blend is perfect, it always comes out wonderful, and best of all I can use our own farm-fresh milk, instead of having to buy evaporated milk!
Nov 21, 2012
This is by far the best pumpkin pie recipe ever. Made it last Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. Just the right blend of spices. Definitely a keeper.
Sep 10, 2012
I really like the blend of flavors in this pie and I don't really like pumpkin pie. I made the pie with butternut squash that I needed to use up. I will make again.
Nov 24, 2010
My favorite family pumpkin pie. Everyone loves hit, The best way to describe it, is pumpkin pie and hint of harvest. Wonderful
Nov 22, 2009
The best ever ,I made this pie for thanksgiving 2 years ago, and now I am the new Pumpkin Pie Bringer, if you know what I mean. Warning This pie will be requested year after year.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.