Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread
Cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves give this quick loaf its tasty appeal. "The recipe yields three loaves, so we can eat one right away, then freeze the others to enjoy later," jots Andrea Durr of Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + cooling
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs and extract; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into three greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 201 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Pumpkin Bread in Country Woman November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.