- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, heat milk to 180°; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat; whisk in spices, syrup and pumpkin.
- Transfer to a large bowl; place bowl in a pan of ice water. Stir gently and occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in cream. Press plastic wrap onto surface of milk mixture; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze until firm, 2-4 hours.
1/2 cup: 230 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.