Spiced Pumpkin Doughnut Bites
You can try different flavors and coating colors in this recipe to suit any occasion. For Halloween at my house, it just has to be pumpkin flavor and orange candy coating! —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup orange candy coating disks
- Chocolate or Halloween sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix flour, Rice Krispies, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon pie spice and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- In a microwave, melt butter. In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining sugar and pie spice. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls. Dip in butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each doughnut bite into melted candy coating, allowing excess to drip off. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.