- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup orange candy coating disks
- Chocolate or Halloween sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix flour, Rice Krispies, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon pie spice and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- In a microwave, melt butter. In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining sugar and pie spice. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls. Dip in butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Place 1-in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each doughnut bite into melted candy coating, allowing excess to drip off. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSpiced Pumpkin Doughnut Bites
"These were so moist and I loved the flavor. They're a big hit with my kids fresh out of the oven. I didn't even bother dipping them in chocolate."