You can try different flavors and coating colors in this recipe to suit any occasion. For Halloween at my house, it just has to be pumpkin and orange candy coating! —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
Featured In: 23 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Spice Fix
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup orange candy coating disks
- Chocolate or Halloween sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix flour, Rice Krispies, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon pie spice and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk pumpkin and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- In a microwave, melt butter. In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining sugar and pie spice. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls. Dip in butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Place 1-in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until tops are cracked. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each doughnut bite into melted candy coating, allowing excess to drip off. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Pumpkin Doughnut Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p243
Reviews forSpiced Pumpkin Doughnut Bites
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2017
"These were so moist and I loved the flavor. They're a big hit with my kids fresh out of the oven. I didn't even bother dipping them in chocolate."