Spiced Pork Tenderloin
Ginger and pepper are the stars in this super-easy, tender, tenderloin from Tammy Bishop of Smyrna, New York. There's a ton of flavor in each bite, and if you really love ginger, use the higher amount.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, salt, pepper, mustard and nutmeg; rub over pork. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 182 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Originally published as Spicy Pork Tenderloin in Light & Tasty February/March 2007
Mar 14, 2016
So delicious! It totally taste like breakfast sausage to me which was fantastic!! My go-to pork tenderloin recipe, for sure!
Aug 28, 2012
spices made the pork sing! only change-reduce cooking time as we prefer our pork not so well done.