- 1/2 cup bourbon or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 12 slices
- In a small saucepan, combine the bourbon, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice; rub over pork slices.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Pork Medallions with Bourbon Sauce
"Used on three separate occasions - rave reviews from all ages each time"
"This is delicious! I used broth instead of bourbon, and it was still great! Definitely a keeper! I will make this for company soon."
"My husband and I both liked these a lot"
"This is awesome and great to make for company! My husband says it's one of the best things I make."
"The reviews are right! This is a fabulous recipe! Will try this using chicken thighs, too!"
"Delicious and simple. Used whiskey instead of bourbon and it turned out great."
"My husband said this was one of the best things I have ever made! We both loved it!"
"quick and delicious. I used kentucky style whiskey and turned out great. I also added a little red pepper flakes to the sauce. Definitely will make again. To the other reviewer about using Brandy instead of bourbon, I don't see why not, the alcohol burns off anyway."