- 1 tube (1 pound) polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut polenta in half widthwise; cut each portion in half lengthwise. Cut each section into eight strips. Arrange strips in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the oil and seasonings; drizzle over polenta strips and gently toss to coat. Bake at 425° for 7-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Polenta Steak Fries
"These were just OK to me. We had to eat them with leftover marinara sauce. I tried doing it in the plastic bag like the other reviewer stated, but then the "slices" fell apart and really soaked up the oil. Once they were done in the oven, they were still way too oily for me and I couldn't eat many. For the amount of time this required, I probably won't make these again."
"Good and different. Hubby liked them so much that he's fixing them for us now."
"I liked this recipe - preparing polenta is new for me, and these are a great alternative to regular steak fries, with good flavor and just the right amount of seasoning. I used 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, minced garlic and garlic powder instead of onion powder, and put all the ingredients in a plastic bag to coat the polenta slices. I also baked them longer than the recipe stated to get them crispy on the outside."