Spiced Pineapple Ham Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 6 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Strain juice, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Return juice to the pan.
- 2. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar until smooth. Stir into pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple; heat through.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham steaks until browned and heated through. Serve with the pineapple sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 185 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1180mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Spiced Pineapple Ham
"This is very nice. Just a light hint of spice."