Spiced Pineapple Ham
A friend wanted a recipe for spiced pineapple but couldn't find one. So the two of us combined several recipes to come up with this sweet sauce. It's excellent served with ham. —Betty Claycomb of Alverton, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 6 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Strain juice, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Return juice to the pan.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar until smooth. Stir into pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple; heat through.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham steaks until browned and heated through. Serve with the pineapple sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1180mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.