A friend wanted a recipe for spiced pineapple but couldn't find one. So the two of us combined several recipes to come up with this sweet sauce. It's excellent served with ham. —Betty Claycomb of Alverton, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Slow Cooker Superstars
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 6 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a saucepan, bring pineapple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Strain juice, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Return juice to the pan. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar until smooth. Stir into pineapple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple; heat through.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ham steaks until browned and heated through. Serve with the pineapple sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Pineapple Ham in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p27
Reviews forSpiced Pineapple Ham
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2011
"This is very nice. Just a light hint of spice."