Spiced Pear Risotto Recipe
We love risotto and are always in search of fun and different ways to prepare it. I like to serve this fruity version with pork tenderloin.—Kim Berto, Port Orchard, Washington
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 large pear, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in butter until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the rice, five-spice powder and cayenne; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add cider. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3. Add warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 25 minutes.)
- 4. Add the pear, 1/4 cup cheese and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 293 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Pear Risotto
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC