Spiced Pear Crumble
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine the pears, cranberries and lemon juice. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the marmalade, syrup, cinnamon, ginger and allspice until blended. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Drizzle evenly over pear mixture. Sprinkle with vanilla wafers and almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 4, 2012
My 10 and 7 year olds made this completely by themselves. The house smelled wonderful and we all enjoyed the final result! We served it with heavy whipping cream instead of icecream. I think we will double the amount of pears the next time we make this.
Sep 28, 2010
Usually not a fan of pears, but this is an outstanding pear dessert recipe!