Spiced Pear Cake
Although Becky Vaughn Coleman of Desert Hot Springs, California took a shortcut by using a convenient mix, she didn't shortchange cake lovers with the results!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside. Drain pears, reserving juice. Chop pears; place in a large bowl. Add reserved pear juice. Add the next seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.