Spiced Peach Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, nutmeg and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 4. Just before serving, fill puffs with whipped cream and peaches. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cream puff: 99 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spiced Peach Puffs
"Love peaches, but will also try with fresh apricots."
"I make cream puffs and they are not as hard as people think, this idea with the little touch of nutmeg and then using fresh peaches sounds wonderful! Thanks for the GREAT idea...."