- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach gelatin
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain syrup from peaches into a 2-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 1-1/3 cups. Chop peaches and set aside. In a saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Discard cinnamon stick. stir gelatin into syrup mixture until dissolved. Add peaches. Refrigerate until partially set, about 40 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and nutmeg until smooth. Spread over the bottom and up the sides of the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill until serving. Spread with whipped topping. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSpiced Peach Pie
"Did not think this tasted that great. I will definetly not make it again"
"This is wonderful! I made just the jello part for a church get together a few weeks ago and every one loved it. Now that I see this recipe, I will make this for church dinners on Wednesday nights. I can't wait to see the reaction from people!"