Spiced Orange Pecans
You won’t be able to eat just one of these spicy sweet nibblers from field editor Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. Keep them on hand this season for unexpected company.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and orange juice. Add pecans and toss to coat; drain. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pecans and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry and lightly browned. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 117 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Orange Nuts in Taste of Home December/January 2006
Dec 22, 2012
Maybe I did something wrong... I greased the pan and baked the pecans. It says cool completely. I cooled them on the pan and they all stuck. Ruined my pecans and the pan is now a mess. Pecans are too expensive to waste.