Spiced Orange Pecans
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and orange juice. Add pecans and toss to coat; drain. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pecans and toss to coat.
- Spread in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry and lightly browned. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 117 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 22, 2012
Maybe I did something wrong... I greased the pan and baked the pecans. It says cool completely. I cooled them on the pan and they all stuck. Ruined my pecans and the pan is now a mess. Pecans are too expensive to waste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.