Spiced Orange-Hazelnut Oatmeal
I’ve banished ho-hum oatmeal. My new best blend is loaded with fruit and fiber. I flavor the whipped cream with cardamom and ginger to top it off.—Heather Porter, Kalispell, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 8 pitted dates, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups orange segments
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and cardamom; beat until soft peaks form. Stir in ginger.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats and dates; cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer oatmeal to bowls; top with orange segments, whipped cream and hazelnuts. Serve immediately.