Spiced Orange-Cranberry Chutney
The aroma of simmering chutney signals the start of the holidays and sets the mood for my seasonal baking. Try it as an appetizer along with cream cheese and graham crackers. —Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 55 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Stir in cranberries, orange zest, oranges, apple, currants and apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 96 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Spiced Cranberry Chutney with Oranges in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.