Spiced Orange Chicken
Orange juice along with zesty herbs and spices dress up this chicken that's especially nice served over rice. Carolyn Grasse-Bachman of Lancaster, Pennsylvania serves the flavorful dish often at her house.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a large nonstick skillet; add 1 cup of orange juice. Sprinkle with the seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20--25 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch, water and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken and rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.