Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Drops
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 198 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 28, 2014
These are very good. I too like chewy cookies so I baked them 9 minutes a tray. Lovely crunch and soft interior. They don't spread much so I made them nice and fat so only got 46 per recipe. I had a package of mixed raisins( golden,Thompson and sultanas and dried cranberries) which I used instead of plain raisins. Yummy. Don't think I will need to worry how they keep. There won't be any. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Jan 18, 2013
I cooked them around 9 min in my non-convection oven (turning once), and they turned out wonderfully soft on the inside, with just the tiniest bit of crunch on the outside.
Jun 26, 2012
It's okay - but the cookie turned out hard and crumbly on the outside and I like a soft cookie - a little bland for me.
Oct 25, 2009
I meant pumpkin pie spice!
Oct 25, 2009
These cookies are great. I love the pumpkin pis spice in the batter to give it a little zip. I made these yesterday to take to church tonight.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.