Spiced Mixed Nuts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Add nuts and stir until well-coated. Cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until syrup begins to harden, stirring after each minute. Immediately pour onto a greased foil-lined baking sheet and separate nuts. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 205 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 20, 2011
Very good and easy to make - perfect for the holidays.
Sep 30, 2011
I made these using Splenda brown sugar. They were so good. Not too sweet, but so yummy. Hubby loved them
Dec 4, 2009
Such and easy recipe and everyone always wants more! My Dad asks for it every Christmas now.