Spiced Mixed Fruit
Delicious fresh fruit is hard to come by around Christmas. So this recipe calling for dried and canned fruits is fantastic.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) mixed dried fruit
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup brandy or additional apple cider or juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fruit is softened.
- Stir in apples and cranberries. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 152 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Spiced Fruit in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.