VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) mixed dried fruit
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup brandy or additional apple cider or juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fruit is softened.
- Stir in apples and cranberries. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Mixed Fruit in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p65
Reviews forSpiced Mixed Fruit
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2011
"We had a Brunch for 24, so I doubled the recipe, we had a lot leftover, but everyone said they really liked it, I know I did!!"