When I host club meetings at my house, these meatballs are sure to be part of the potluck menu. I've made them for holidays as well, where they're always welcome.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a skillet, combine the tomato juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cloves and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the meatballs.
- Cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Discard the cloves before serving.
Originally published as Spiced Meatballs in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.