Spiced Holiday Ham
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours 10 min.
- 1 bone-in half ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 15 whole cloves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Score ham; insert cloves in cuts. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes per pound. Combine jelly, sugar, vinegar, mustard and cinnamon; brush half over ham. Bake 15 minutes. Brush remaining jelly mixture over ham. Bake for 15 minutes, basting occasionally, or until a thermometer reads 140°.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 408 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1535mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Mar 31, 2013
Making recipe for Easter Dinner - looking at pic, noticed WAY more than 15 cloves in that ham!Used the 15 suggested in recipe - cloves are strong so 15 sounds about right - just wondering why test kitchen seemed to use so many - taste or photogenic reasons???
Sep 27, 2009
PS: I also didn't bake the ham as long as the recipe calls for - hams are fully cooked and really only need heating up, otherwise they're too dry for me. Today's pork is very lean and dries out quickly. So I cooked it for only 1 hour before glazing it.
Sep 26, 2009
Not only is this recipe easy, but the glaze is tasty and bakes up to a beautiful color! When my youngest son came in for Sunday dinner, his eyes popped out and he said, "That looks delicious!" And it was, too. I used 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard instead of the ground, as I thought it would mix better with the rest of the glaze ingredients.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.