- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- EACH SERVING:
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- Milk, whipped cream and additional ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the molasses, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
- For each serving, place 2 teaspoons molasses mixture in a mug. Add 1 cup hot coffee; stir until combined. Serve with milk, whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
- Cover and store remaining molasses mixture in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
1 cup: 48 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 reduced-fat milk.