Spiced Fruit Crisp
When it comes to a heartwarming treat on a chilly winter's day, this home-style crisp is hard to beat. The gingersnap-crumb topping nicely accents the apples, pears, raisins and dates. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 9 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, sugar, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Autumn Crisp in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.