Spiced Fruit Bake Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sugar pear halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1. Drain fruits, reserving a total of 3/4 cup juice. Place fruit in a 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved juice; pour over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup: 132 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Spiced Fruit Bake
"Try using fresh pears and apricots instead of canned. I found they were too fragile and kind of disintegrated during cooking, esp the apricots. Otherwise, it tasted OK."