Spiced Fruit Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Drain fruits, reserving a total of 3/4 cup juice. Place fruit in a 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved juice; pour over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 132 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Dec 28, 2009
Try using fresh pears and apricots instead of canned. I found they were too fragile and kind of disintegrated during cooking, esp the apricots. Otherwise, it tasted OK.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.