- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and mixture is thickened, about 30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forSpiced Cranberry Sauce
"This is deliciously fresh, and so easy. I added zest of lemon --- perfect, yummy!"
"I prefer to serve homemade cranberry sauce instead of canned for my New Year's Day dinner. This is my favorite recipe thus far."
"Besides the quickness of assembling this dish, the blend of flavors was spot on. Stirring occasionally and tasting along the way made me even more appreciative of this simple yet elegant side dish. This will also travel in the car well!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving and everyone raved and wanted the recipe. It was delicious."
"I found this recipe in 2009 and my family wants it each year since then. Spicy, sweet, tart and just great."
"will be making it for the third year in a row. just added 1 can of manderine oranges."
"I combined 2 of your recipes--this one and added 1 tsp. vanilla, chopped almonds, and probably another cup of sugar. My husband prefers sweet rather than tangy cranberries.Both of us thought the results was delicious. I'm sure I'll keep making this way rather than the old family way."