Spiced Cranberry Glogg
Years ago, a friend of mine shared her easy recipe for glogg. Simmered on the stove, it'll warm up everyone from head to toe on a blustery day. —June Lindquist, Hammond, WI
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups cranberry juice, divided
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups ruby port wine
- Additional raisins, optional
- Place cloves, cinnamon and cardamom on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place in a large saucepan. Add 2 cups cranberry juice, raisins and sugar. Bring to a simmer; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Discard spice bag. Add wine and remaining cranberry juice; bring just to a simmer (do not boil). Serve warm in mugs with additional raisins if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Glogg in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.