Spiced Cranberry Glogg
Years ago, a friend of mine shared her easy recipe for glogg. Simmered on the stove, it'll warm up everyone from head to toe on a blustery day. —June Lindquist, Hammond, WI
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 cups cranberry juice, divided
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups ruby port wine
- Additional raisins, optional
- Place cloves, cinnamon and cardamom on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place in a large saucepan. Add 2 cups cranberry juice, raisins and sugar. Bring to a simmer; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Discard spice bag. Add wine and remaining cranberry juice; bring just to a simmer (do not boil). Serve warm in mugs with additional raisins if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Glogg in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016